Commercial Insurance Broker Assistant
Location: Laval, hybrid work mode (telecommuting & office)
Language: Advanced English
With over 50 years of experience, the Invessa Insurance and Financial Services team is made up of experts who are personally committed to doing their best to protect the interests of our clients by offering them unparalleled service.
Would you like to join a team of passionate people and make a difference? Our team is currently looking for an Assistant Commercial Lines Broker. You will work with the broker producer to take charge of and advise clients.
Please note that a hybrid work mode is possible for this position: a healthy combination of face-to-face (in the office) to maintain good contact with the team and telecommuting mode for a good personal and professional life balance!
- In collaboration with the Broker Producer of his or her unit, the Assistant Broker will have to process, analyze and follow up on client requests;
- Analyze risks and offer the best quality/price product according to the client's needs;
- Negotiate conditions with insurers and monitor renewals according to the schedule;
- Support his clients during a claim and ensure a rigorous follow-up;
- Play a central role in the drafting of documentation and offers to the client;
- Supervise the issuance, modifications and cancellations of policies according to procedures;
- Support, coach and perform tasks specific to his/her team.
- Hold a certificate in commercial property and casualty insurance issued by the Autorité des marchés financiers (in force);
- Have at least 3 years of significant experience related to the responsibilities of the position;
- Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written;
- Have a good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Have a good knowledge of Sig XP and PolicyWorks software and insurers' computer systems (significant asset);
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Demonstrate autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Seeks to work in a team environment and to foster collaboration;
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic
Ready for a new challenge? Please send your application to email@example.com
*Thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who are we?
Invessa Assurances et Services Financiers is the culmination of over 50 years of experience in the complex business of insurance. This ever-growing evolution has made Invessa one of the largest brokerage firms in Quebec. In addition, our unique business model, placing the client at the center of our activities, has allowed us to remain a broker on a human scale.
Awarded numerous times by the industry and envied by its peers, Invessa has earned an unwavering reputation among its business partners, insurers and insureds, who perpetually renew their trust.
In 2021, Invessa became the property of Synex Business Performance. By joining Synex, Invessa benefits from the national strength of the group while maintaining its local presence. With a total premium volume of $415 million, the Synex Group's mission is to save the independent brokerage industry in Canada by putting insurance back in the hands of entrepreneurs.